|Full paper submission||22.06.2020, 11:59 pm CET||Closed|
|Submission of final veresion of full paper||15.08.2020||Closed|
|Early bird registration||20.08.2020||Closed|
|Final date for registration||15.09.2020||Closed|
For presenting athors
It is mandatory to submit the recorded presentation. This is needed for the smooth functioning of the conference, as there can be issues related to internet speed and others. The presenting authors need to be attending their respective session.
We are asking all presenting authors to record the presenter’s voice within the powerpoint presentation and save it as a pptx file.
For instructions on how to record and edit your voice in PowerPoint, please see HERE
1) The presentation format is: 12min presentation, 2-5 min Q&A. Please record a 12 min presentation.
2) You may use your own presentation template (PPT), but make sure the font size is sufficiently large and slides are numbered.
3) Please send the recording of your presentation until latest September 7th, 23:59h to EEM20@trippus.com
a. Duration: 12 min (+/- 1min).
b. Orientation: Landscape format (4:3)
c. Name the file PIDXXXX.pptx, where PIDXXXX is your paper ID assigned by ConfTool for the full paper.
d. Send the file by email directly to EEM20@trippus.com
e. In the subject line enter [PIDXXXX – Full name of presenting author]
f. other features like, e.g. including the video of your a webcam, are optional, but not required.
4) Please remember to register for the conference.
We are looking forward to virtually meeting you in the EEM20 on 16-18th September.
The EEM20 Organization Committee
Authors of accepted papers are requested to submit the final paper by 15th August 2020.
Final papers can be prepared and submitted following these steps:
(Be sure that you read all 7 steps below):
- Paper must be written in English using the LaTeX or Microsoft Word manuscript templates for A4 format available at https://www.ieee.org/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- Formatting of these templates should not be altered.
- Minimum 4 pages and maximum 6 pages are required per paper in standard IEEE format.
Add Copyright information to the first page of the paper
- The IEEE copyright form link appears in the conftool. Please submit the IEEE copyright form alongwith the final paper
- The appropriate copyright notice is to appear on the bottom of the first page of each paper according to the guidelines set forth for an IEEE Conference Publication as given below.
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-6919-4/20/$31.00©2020 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-6919-4/20/$31.00©2020 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-7281-6919-4/20/$31.00 ©2020 IEEE
Conference manuscript templates link
- Use PDF eXpress to verify the PDF file of the paper for IEEE-compliance before submission. Papers that are not IEEE-compliant will not be included in the proceedings nor published.
Before Creating a PDF
Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Creating your PDF eXpress Account
- Create a PDF version of your paper using the IEEE PDFeXpress tool. In order to generate the PDF-file, please proceed to the link:
- If you are a first-time user, click on the tab “New users” and enter the conference ID code 49802x. Then enter your email address and set a password.
- If you are already registered in PDFeXpress (previous conference submissions via PDFeXpress) then log in, enter your password and enter the conference ID 48902x.
For each conference paper you co-authored, click on “create new title”, enter the title of the paper and upload your Word file. Upon successful completion, you will receive an email with your converted PDF-file or in the case that incompatibility was detected, a report detailing why it failed will be sent to you. In this case, please correct the indicated problems and resubmit the Word document.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the New Users – Click Here link.
- Enter the following:
- 49802X for the Conference ID
- your email address
- a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center https://supportcenter.ieee.org/app/answers/list/p/12 for IEEE PDF eXpress.
If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Ask A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
Sign the Copyright Form for each paper
All authors of accepted papers must transfer copyright to IEEE by utilizing the electronic IEEE Copyright Form. Authors of accepted papers please fill in the details of your papers at the IEEE eCopyright Form (eCF) link on the ConfTool conference system.
Successful submission of the eCF is mandatory for all accepted papers to be published in the conference proceedings and submission to IEEE Xplore.
The final paper should be uploaded to ConfTool conference system through the Your SubmissionsàFinal Upload menu.
Please double check the information that you provide during online submission:
- title of the paper
- name, affiliation, e-mail address of the authors
- name of the corresponding author, complete mailing address, and e-mail address of the corresponding author
- Use the ConfTool conference system to upload your final version (Camera Ready Copy) (created with IEEE PDF eXpress) and IEEE Copyright Form PDF. Therefore, log in to your user account and upload the files in the section: Your Submissions.
- After you upload your final version you can register for the conference.
IEEE policy requires all submissions to its journals and conference proceedings to be screened through a plagiarism detection process. EEM20 uses IEEE’s CrossCheck portal to check for similarity index. Please ensure that the overall similarity score of your final paper is less than 30%, and no individual source has more than 10% similarity using any of the plagiarism check software such as Turnitin. According to IEEE regulations, any paper with a similarity score of more than 30% will be dropped and will not be included for presentation or publication at EEM20.
Each paper should have a registration with full payment by the Registration deadline given on the conference website. Any paper without registration will be dropped automatically. Authors can complete their registration at the link available on the conference website or the button below.
The abstracts should be submitted by 18th February 2020 12:00:00 pm (SE time) at the ConfTool system. Please be aware that your abstract can contain text only and that the recommended length is 400 words. The template for the abstract submission can be found here. Abstract submission is closed. You can check your submitted abstract by clicking on the button below.
The registration fee includes admission to plenary and scientific sessions, proceedings, the welcome reception, gala dinner, lunches, and coffee breaks. Hotel and travel costs are not included in the registration fee.
In order for a paper to be included in the Conference Proceedings, at least one author is required to register and pay the registration fee.
An extra fee of
150€ 75 € is due per extra paper / presentation.
To participate in the tours an additional fee is required, which covers transport costs and a tour.
Students: To register as a student, one must be a bachelor, master or a PhD student, and younger than 26 years. An official proof of student status is required. The organizers reserve the right to verify the student status.
|Participant’s status||Early Bird (Deadline: 20.08.2020)||Regular (After Early Bird)|
|Participant – IEEE Member|
More information about payment methods and bank account will be posted soon.
For all cancellations received by 15 August 2020, a cancellation fee of EUR 15.00 will be charged. For all cancellations received between 16 August and 31 August 2020 a cancellation fee of 50% of the conference fee will be charged. For all cancellations received between 1 September 2020 and 15 September 2020 a cancellation fee of 80% of the conference fee will be charged. After 15 September 2020, no refunds will be made for any cancellations, and accordingly the demand for full payment of the registration fees remains. Any changes of the registration and all cancellations must be communicated to the organising team through Support@eem20.eu.
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION
Authors of accepted abstracts are invited to submit full papers through the ConfTool system until 22th June 2020, 11:59 pm CET.
Each paper will go through a blind reviewing process by the Scientific Committee.
Please take a note that the first version of the full papers should not include authors’ names and affiliations.
There is 5 page limit for the content (including title + abstract with keywords), references can be added on the next page.
In case that your paper content exceeds 5 pages we would ask you to add additional graphs/tables/equitation in Appendix, which comes after the reference section.
The working language of the conference is English. All accepted papers for EEM20 must be presented to the audience through oral presentation.
Once authors get the final notification about papers they are invited to prepare the final version. All papers presented at EEM 2020 will be published in IEEE Xplore. For that reason upon final notification about the accepted papers, authors are invited to resubmit the full paper by 15th August 2020 using IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure compatibility with IEEE Xplore´s formatting.